Our Toilet Training Program:
- We begin with a formal assessment to discuss you and your child’s readiness to begin the program and to identify your child’s specific needs.
- Our staff will prepare your child’s customized toilet training plan, according to his or her needs.
- We will meet with parents to present the customized plan, train them how to follow it, discuss any concerns or questions, review the scheduling process, and make recommendations for the necessary materials.
- Our staff will come to your home for sessions so that your child is able to learn and practice in his or her usual environment. These sessions will occur daily for the first three days, and as needed after that. During our visits, our therapists will work with the child and actively coach parents and caregivers through the toilet training process, providing direction, support, and assistance with problem-solving.
- Throughout the toilet training process, our staff will continue to provide ongoing on-site and on-call support, as well as direct one-on-one support, as needed.
While results vary according to each child, we typically see solid results after about one week when parents and caregivers are diligent in following the customized plan.
Children Will Learn to:
- Recognize when they need to use the toilet.
- Manage the entire bathroom procedure, including hand washing.
- Generalize these skills to bathrooms in different environments.